Day 248: September 12th, 2012 = COMPLETE!!!!!!!
Cardio was = Walking
Dance of the Day was = “Campus” by Vampire Weekend
Improvised Acting Video I uploaded to my other blog was = “Sainsbury’s Shop For Tea”
Anything to Note =
I had another doctor appointment this morning – am supposed to schedule a visit to the local clinic and see an antenatal GP once every week now until the big bang happens!
So, off I went this morning. With my list of things to ask – or rather my mum’s list of things to ask!!
I especially wanted to know whether there had been any update in the “out of five scale” to how far the head was down as that is an indication of how close apparently you are to giving birth. I have been getting a lot of pressure and pains – which are probably contractions or the little monkey pushing down – and so was curious to what she would say.
Sadly though this check-up was with another doctor I had not seen before, as they alternate, and this one today was unfriendly and on auto-pilot!
It was an in-and-out and “Next!” scenario!
Sit down, check my urine sample, check my blood pressure, lie on the bed (without even bothering to put any sheet down!), belly out, measure baby, press for head down, listen to heartbeat, belly in and DONE!
No hello. No goodbye.
Just business. Belly business!
I mean, all of the checks she did came back fine but there was no place for questions or answers or any sort of environment to do so anyway…certainly not like with the other nicer woman!
She may have been having a bad day this doctor, or rushed for something, or who knows…but it left my mum speechless and she is NEVER speechless! She didn’t want to ask anything! I think she was thrown off by her robotic appointment to say anything! And it whisked straight past her!
So now I don’t have any clue if the head has moved down further than last week, which was a 5 of 5 then, so who knows if birth is imminent or not! I assume she would have said something if so, but I guess we will see if it is!
Anyway, my next appointment is made for next Wednesday and thankfully it’s with the other doctor who I have seen twice already and who is lovely…so until then I guess…unless the little schmonkie decides he wants to make a preview appearance! It sometimes feels like he will!
How about you wait until your daddy (that is sooooooooooo strange to say!!!!!) arrives on Sunday…at least, little one!!! Deal?
Day 150: June 6th, 2012 = COMPLETE!!!!!
Cardio was = Walking
Dance of the Day was = “C’est La Vie” by Shania Twain
Improvised Acting Video I uploaded to my other blog was = “Bad Day”
Anything to Note =
Green Card bad news today – or just not great news.
Apparently my case is with security and we don’t know why but there’s a “security check issue” and that could take a little time to resolve or could take a long time to resolve, and hopefully it can BE resolved. We really don’t know why – it could be a number of reasons like:
– they are checking how long I’ve been here
– Stuart’s first marriage
…I mean it could be anything really, but I think it has something to do with the fact that my name is different in each of the passports I have – which is a problem.
Australia misspelled my name from Christina to Christine.
And Greece did what they do and translated the way my name would be spelled in Greek with Greek letters, to an English version so instead of Zoe its Zoi!
I also think my last name is missing an S in my Greek passport as when spelled out in Greek there is only one S but in English it’s two so it should be Anastassiou and instead its Anastasiou.
And of course my birth certificate doesn’t match any of those. The British passport however got it right – the only one!
I’ve also been on visas for my undergraduate and graduate schooling in the USA and then now on my work visa based off these misspellings so on record I must have a bunch of different names.
I think this must be my “security check issue” as I remember in my interview, amid the nausea and the last-seen-of-the-day-rush, the woman interviewing me did mention she had a lot to do in regards to my names and such – jokingly – but I am pretty sure of that now that I think about it more. So I have a feeling that’s whats the issue or the delay.
If they are waiting for something like Greece to verify me from my passport or something then that will be a huge delay since they are in chaos and I can’t imagine them responding quickly at all right now especially.
There’s nothing I can really do.
I have set up a meeting for June 15th anyway since we were to know more on June 5th and then perhaps I could have my passport stamped if I was approved by then, but that’s before we found out this today. However, I am going to go in on the 15th anyway to see them face to face and discuss. I am not sure they can do anything or even say anything as security means they would have passed it on to another department, but I can inquire at least, in person, and see. I don’t know.
I can find out the last date I can travel while pregnant from my doctor Friday as have a check-up then so I have a true deadline, and then can perhaps make another appointment just before then to go in if I am still here, in case by then they can stamp my passport for travel. That will mean moving my July 11th flight and Greece mini trip, but what can I do.
Step by step.
Let’s see what happens June 15th. If anything.
It’s just upsetting as this is all legit.
Day 134: May 21st, 2012 = COMPLETE!!!!!
Cardio was = Walking
Dance of the Day was = “Hot Shot” by Shaggy
Improvised Acting Video I uploaded to my other blog was = “Keep Calm, Carry On”
Anything to Note =
Bad. Bad. Bad Day.
Want to know why? Sure you do haha! Too tired to even write so you’re getting some good ol’ bullet points 🙂
– Slept late after fundraiser last night.
– Woke at 4am and could not sleep past then.
– Pouring out so got DRENCHED to the bone. My feet were literally swimming in pools of water. All day. Thought by taking them off at rehearsal it would perhaps enable them to dry quicker off my feet, but it didn’t work. Funny that it was warmer barefoot on the cold floor then in the soaking wet socks.
– 8.30am start at the office as had to go in to train our new employee, or at least go over some things with her before rehearsal.
– Had to help the other co-producer move props in the pouring rain on way to rehearsal, and of course as we wanted to move things outside it started pouding rain pellets!
– Opened my supposed waterproof Northface backpack and it was DRENCHED. Including important documents and receipts and paperwork.
– Had to be on my blackberry constantly through the entire of rehearsal answering emails and dealing with the office annoyingly.
– Other co-producer got yelled at by production manager for 45 minutes today, which sadly reflected a little on all of us.
– One of the actresses had a meltdown in rehearsal. Drama. Tension. Hours of it.
– My understudying got cut short as the actress arrived earlier than planned so I sadly got limited time to “be on stage”.
– Heard that Stuart got pooped on by a bird! Told him though that it’s supposed to be good luck, although not sure he wanted to hear that.
– Soon after hearing about the poop, I managed to drop yellow sandwich sauce all over the white shirt I was wearing. Great.
– Got stuck on a slow train going back to work after rehearsal in front of a woman listening to her headphones, singing out loud “sing the blood of Jesus” over and over and over, with her eyes shut, while her 5-year-old daughter sat next to her just staring at her.
– Had to stay at the office until 9pm after an already long day. Could have stayed later as so much to do but wanted to get back to Stuart as he leaves for Chicago work trip tomorrow.
– Spoke to my parents on the phone where my mum reminded me that I was now responsible for two and not just me, and…I felt super guilty as, I don’t think I have always been thinking that way. Leading me to be emotional when I finally got home 😦